Just make it work.
You need to take deps next week in a case where after 2 years of litigation we still don't know what the claims are about? No problem... Let me roll up my sleeves because I've got 2 weeks of hellish days and nights ahead of me condensing over 100,000 incomprehensible documents into nice, neat little dep binders organized by claim, person and date.
What? Our male client got together with 2 other men to form a "women owned business" and now is getting screwed out of the profits by his partner? Give me a couple hours of uninterrupted time and we'll have a winning order to show cause in his oppressed minority shareholder suit. Forget about the fact that he was technically scheming the system... We're dealing in the realm of chancery and equitable principles rule here.
We need to do a proof hearing without a little something called PROOF? Bring it on!
Take a situation, analyze it from all angles and find a way to make it work.
It's not always glamorous or easy, but it's what I do - on the job and off. And I'm damn good at it.But always trying to make the impossible possible is exhausting. I'm not sure it's in me to keep trying. Especially when I'm not sure what I'm fighting for or if I even believe in it anymore.
I suppose with this too, I'll have to find a way to make it work.

No comments:
Post a Comment